|· Finished No. 1 in the Order of Merit with season earnings for $119,001.
· Claimed Order of Merit top honors at age 36 years, 10 months, 11 days. Became the fourth of six Tour Nos. 1 in his 30s.
· Won two times and had two runner-up finishes.
· First victory came at the season opening Avianca Colombia Open in February. Shot 70-68-67-64 (15-under) to win by two strokes at Club Campestre Guaymaral in Bogota, Colombia.
· Second victory came at the Abierto del Paraguay Copa NEC, the event opening the second half of the season in August. Shot 68-69-67-73 (11-under) for a four-stroke win at the Yacht & Golf Club Paraguayo in Asuncion, Paraguay.
· Having won twice in 2013, with his two victories in 2017 he became the first player ever to win four times on PGA TOUR Latinoamérica.
· Improved his PGA TOUR Latinoamérica career earnings to $299,609 dollars in 53 starts, which is also a Tour high.
· Held the Order of Merit top spot for the entire second half of the season.
· His $25,966 lead as Tour No. 1 was the largest lead ever recorded by the money leader at the end of a PGA TOUR Latinoamérica season.
· Finished in a two-way tie for second at both the BMW Jamaica Classic and the Aberto do Brasil.
· Had six top-5s and three other top 25s.
· Made the cut in 11 of 13 starts.
· Lowest rounds of the year were a couple of 64s in the final round of the Avianca Colombia Open in February and in the second round of the Essential Costa Rica Classic in May.
· Finished first in scoring average (69.26).
· Was playing his fourth full season on PGA TOUR Latinoamérica. Prior best season-ending ranking was second in 2013.